The royal told South Africa Radio 702’s host Mandy Wiener that she expects to lave South Africa around the end of October after another medical procedure, adding she ‘cannot force healing’, People magazine reported on Monday.
‘Initially I was supposed to be here for 10 to 12 days’, the 43-year – old explained. ‘Unfortunately, I had a problem equalizing my wars, and I found out through the doctors that I had a sinus infections and quite a serious one. So, it’s taking time to address this problem that I’m having.’
According to the outlet, the princess had a sinus lift/bone graft in preparation for dental implants. However, she developed an infection, which has complicated matters.
‘I cannot force healing, so I will be grounded in South Africa until the end of October’, said Charlene, nothing she is due for another medical procedure.
‘I feel well, I feel good’, she added.
Still, Charlene admitted that being far away from her husband Prince Albert and their twins Princess Gabriella and Prince Jaques had made the ordeal more difficult.
‘This is the longest period I’ve actually been away from Europe and my children’, she said. ‘As I say, it’s just a waiting game. I cannot predict how my healing process will go. But yeah, I’m very sad I can’t be with my children during this summer in Europe’.
The princess said that while her native country, she has kept busy with the word of her foundation, as well as becoming personally involved with rhinoceros conservation. She has also been rooting for her country at the Summer Olympics in Tokyo.
On Friday, sources told People magazine that a trip involving Albert, 63, and their twins, 6, is being considered for ‘the end of August if the political situation allows’. The family previously visited South Africa in early June.
The separation between Charlene and Albert, 63, has sparked rumors of an impending split.
According to the outlet, Charlene traveled to her homeland in early May to participate in activities supporting her South Africa foundation. In late June, Charlene announced she is being forced to miss her 10th anniversary with Albert due to additional surgery required after complications from a previous procedure.
In mid – July, Charlene told South Africa outlet Channel 24 that she was experiencing ear, nose and throat troubles.
‘I was instructed by the doctors that I can’t fly yet because I’m unable to equalize my ears and therefore cannot fly above 20,000 feet…due to the pressure’, Charlene explained, as quoted by the outlet. ‘I miss my husband, my babies – Jacqui and Bella – and my doggie terribly, [but] I can’t force a recovery of bone and membrane – it takes time’.
Still, European tabloids have insisted that the couple’s separation goes far deeper than health woes. Sources alleged to France’s Paris Match that Charlene has ‘no intention of returning’ while Germany’s Bunte claimed Chalene was house – hunting near Johannesburg.
The rumors intensified when Albert when Albert attended the Tokyo Olympics solo despite the prince being a longtime member of the International Olympic Committed. Charlene is also a former Olympic swimmer.
In June, Charlene told People magazine in a statement that she’s hopeful for the future.
‘My daily conversation with Albert and my children help me keep my spirits up a lot, but I miss their presence very much’, she said. ‘I can’t wait for us to be together’.
The celebrated athlete married the son of Grace Kelly on July 1, 2011. The wedding was a spectacle, costing an estimated $70 million for the four – day event. They welcomed twins in 2014.
Their planned public anniversary celebration was canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic.